Each year we recruit a number of trainees to complete a five-year course to become qualified chartered accountants. Below is what we’re looking for in potential candidates for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) training course.
- 2 A Level passes, both a minimum grade B, preferably including Maths or Business Studies
- 5 GCSE passes, including Maths and English Language, all at minimum grade B
Skills and qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A clear interest in business finance
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- A strong team player with a good work ethic
- Effective decision-making skills
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Computer literate
How to apply
Think you fit the bill? That’s great. We have a three-stage process that starts once we receive your completed application form.
The application process
- We review your application form
- You then complete a half-day of exercises at an assessment centre (between May and July) – including an interview, group exercise, numerical and verbal tests, and an opportunity to meet current students
- There’s then a second interview with two managers
If you’re successful, you’ll enter a six-month probationary period and offered a five-year training contract upon completion of the six months.