Becoming a Trainee Chartered Financial Planner within our Financial Planning Department is the perfect opportunity to gain an industry-recognised financial planning qualification through the Chartered Insurance Institute. Our Financial Planning Department has achieved “Chartered Financial Planner” status, meaning you can be confident you’ll be training with one of the UK’s leading financial planning firms.
Please bear in mind that you’ll need to study in your own time to prepare for your exams.
Your main responsibility will be to work with the team to learn all aspects of the business and pass your initial exams. As you get deeper into your training, you’ll gradually become more involved with clients and manage relationships independently.
- 2:1 degree – preferably (but not essentially) in Maths, Business Studies or Economics
- 3 A-levels, all a minimum B grade – preferably including Maths, Business Studies or Economics
Skills and qualities
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Good decision-making skills
- A fantastic work ethic (driven and self-motivated)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional and confident manner
Think you fit the bill? That’s great. We have a four-stage process that starts once we receive your completed application form.
- We review your application form
- You then complete a series of numerical, verbal and logical online tests
- There’s then a half-day of exercises at an assessment centre – including an interview, group exercise and in-tray exercise
- Finally, there’s a second interview involving a 10-minute presentation to a panel followed by a Q&A session