Would you like expert help to protect your wealth and secure your family’s financial future?
Trusts, estate planning and dealing with a deceased’s affairs are key areas for our clients and a central part of our tax offering. The increasingly complex tax regimes for trusts, the financial implications of estate planning demand and the complexities of dealing with a deceased’s estate administration and probate demand specialist expertise. Kreston Reeves has invested in developing that expertise to ensure that clients benefit from the best possible advice in this critical area and our international reach allows us to help our clients with their requirements across the globe.
We will ensure that you minimise your inheritance tax and other tax liabilities by benefiting from our extensive experience of advising on estate planning and the tax efficient use of trusts.
We also offer expert advice to produce financial peace of mind when dealing with the administration of an estate following someone’s death. This enables us to carry out all matters relating to the deceased’s estate efficiently and sympathetically, including obtaining probate for the executors.
Our services include
Estate planning and inheritance tax mitigation advice on:
- Tax efficient use of all allowances, exemptions and reliefs e.g. APR, BPR, spouse exemption, transferable Inheritance tax nil rate band, regular gifts out of income etc.
- Will planning and review of existing wills and lasting powers of attorney
- Tax efficient trust formation
- Trust administration including preparation of accounts, self assessment tax and inheritance tax returns
- Acting as a Trustee, including through our Trustee Company
- Capital Gains Tax planning (e.g. advising on tax implications of share sales/property disposal)
- Share valuations for probate purposes & trust transfer
- Court of Protection deputyships and small family charitable trusts.
Deceased estates and Probate
- Establishing the value of the deceased’s estate and their IHT liability
- Preparing the IHT forms
- Arranging for the grant of probate to be obtained
- Administration of the estate including collecting the assets, settling liabilities and distribution of the estate per the deceased’s will in a tax efficient manner
- Preparing accounts and tax returns for the executors
- Providing tax advice for the beneficiaries of the estate
We’re proud that our services have been recognised in a competitive industry and in 2016 we were delighted to be announced winner in the Trusts & Estates Advisory Firm of the Year in England category at the Corporate INTL Magazine 2016 Global Awards.