- Providing commercial and practical solutions to clients problems, mainly but not always, in the field of tax
- BA(Hons) History, University of York
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Dispute resolution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Planning for non UK domiciles
- Advising on cross-border transaction
Laurence has had a wide and varied career, training with a Big 4 firm, before becoming tax partner in a small regional practice in the North West of England. He also worked in a senior role within HMRC advising on both policy matters and high level tax enquiries. Laurence has trained as a mediator and was the North West Society of Chartered Accountants 'Accounting Personality of the Year' for 2008. He has also been nominated as 'Dealmaker of the Year' in the North West of England. Latterly, Laurence has been Head of Private Client at a boutique consultancy focusing on the finance sector.
Laurence enjoys watching all sports and gave up playing cricket badly to enjoying playing golf (equally badly). Laurence enjoys eating out and emptying and restocking his growing wine cellar. This necessarily means he also has to spend time in the gym.