Jennifer Williamson, Des Sudworth and Stephen Metcalf were integral in advising on the successful management buy-out of PFPR Communications Ltd. They guided us throughout the transaction with business valuation support,... More share structure advice, tax and strategic support as well as advising on the content of the Share Purchase Agreement. They also supported us with planning ahead as far as the ownership of the company is concerned and setting up a strategy to reward the directors and investors going forwards. The support they provided throughout the process was invaluable and we are looking forward to continuing to work with them to build on the already successful business going forwards. Peter Cox, Managing Director at PFPR Communications
Stephen Metcalf CTA
Private Client Tax Senior Manager
- Chartered Tax Adviser (Institute of Taxation)
- Association of Taxation Technicians
- Private Client Taxation, including capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
- Advising clients on leaving the UK and returning/arriving the UK
- Inheritance tax planning and advice for high net worth families, including advising on trusts and Family Investment Companies
- Non-Domiciled and International aspects
- Tax efficient investments
- Property tax planning and advice for both property investors and developers
Stephen has worked in Private Client Taxation for more than 20 years, advising high net worth individuals and families, entrepreneurs and high earning individuals with all aspects of their personal and business affairs. He has particular experience with capital gains tax and inheritance tax issues, and also assisting individuals organise their affairs for arrival in the UK, or indeed leaving the UK. Stephen has advised landlords, land owners and developers on property taxation matters and regularly reviews the best ownership structures, including companies, partnerships, land poling trusts etc. He is also part of the firm’s focussed group advising on Family Investment Companies, a useful tool for high net worth families planning for succession and wealth planning.
A lot of Stephen’s time is taken up with his two young sons, and often goes cycling with them. He also enjoys planning tennis and other racquet sports.