- Tax Planning for private clients and owner managed business
- International operations in particular in SE Asia
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Tax planning for family businesses
- Inheritance tax mitigation and capital gains tax planning
- Providing strategic consulting to professional partnerships
- Inward investment advice for those establishing operations in the UK and helping them expand in Europe
- International tax advice and planning for individuals, companies and international clients
- Tax lecturing to both business and personal tax audiences
- Marketing and business development responsibilities
Clive joined Kreston Reeves from college having achieved Distinction level passes in his Accountancy studies. Clive qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1980, became a partner at Kreston Reeves when aged 28 and attained his Fellowship in 1990.
He currently looks after a mixed portfolio of high net worth individuals and owner managed businesses with a particular bias towards professional practices and construction companies. He also has a growing portfolio of clients with international interests and advises regularly on establishing operations within the UK.
Part of Kreston Reeves’ Leadership Team for over 20 years Clive now applies the skills learnt for the benefit of a number of not-for-profit organisations in pro bono roles held outside the firm. He retains responsibility for business development within the firm, a role which sees him lecture externally on a regular basis. With a reputation for giving entertaining and thought provoking presentations, Clive is frequently called upon to speak on technical and related issues to groups of all sizes and from all backgrounds.
Clive has particular responsibility for the firm’s clients within South East Asia through the firm’s international accounting network, Kreston International, and has advised businesses in India, China, Singapore, Korea and Australia.
Clive’s external activities include:
- Trustee of Marlowe Theatre Development Trust
- Chairman of Canterbury Connected Business Improvement District
- Board member of Canterbury4Business
- Committee member of Old Canterburian Club
Clive golfs (at a social level) and is a former Captain of Chestfield Golf Club. He’s a keen supporter of his local community, enjoys watching Kent Cricket and is excited by travel.