We want everyone to be able to access our website. The information below explains how the site has been designed to be accessible. If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility features, please contact us.
Our website is tested on and supports the following browsers, though it is recommended that the latest version of your web browsing software is used:
- Firefox version 2 and above
- Google Chrome version 5.0.375 and above
- Safari version 3 and above
- Opera version 10.62 and above
- Internet Explorer version 6 and above.
Our website is designed to fit screens with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels which is the current standard in web design. We have also opted for a fixed layout so we can be sure everyone is seeing one consistent design, no matter what browser or device they use to view our site.
Video content requires adobe Player (version 8 or above) or a web browser that supports HTML5 video (Safari for example). Video is fully supported on mobile devices such as Apple’s iPhone and iPad that have HTML5 compatible browsers.
To view and print PDF files used within our website you will require Adobe Acrobat Reader
Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists. This ensures that the number of links in the list is read out at the start and it can be skipped easily.
Change the way this website looks
You can change the way our website looks to suit your needs by changing the settings in your web browser. Those available differ from browser to browser, but most browsers offer some or all of the following:
Change the font size
You can adjust the size of nearly all the text on our website by using the font size setting in your browser.
- In Firefox select ‘View’, then ‘Zoom’ and use ‘Zoom In’ and ‘Zoom Out’ to control zooming of the web page. You can also select ‘Zoom Text Only’ to only control zooming of the text.
- In Google Chrome select ‘View’, and use ‘Zoom In’ and ‘Zoom Out’.
- In Safari select ‘View’, and use ‘Zoom In’ and ‘Zoom Out’ to control zooming of the web page. You can also select ‘Zoom Text Only’ to only control zooming of the text.
- In Opera select ‘View’, then select a percentage.
- In Internet Explorer, select ‘View’, then ‘Text Size’, and then your preferred size.
Some browsers allow you to change the default font and background colours you use. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menus. Many browsers also allow you to strip a web page of all layout and styling by turning off the website ‘style sheets’. If your browser supports this setting you should find it in the ‘View’ menu.
You can override our website’s colour settings by setting your browser to the desired colour combination.
Our website uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and structured.
Most browsers let you skip from link to link using the TAB key. The current link will be highlighted in a black dotted border. To move backwards, hold down SHIFT and press the TAB key.
All images used in our website include descriptive alt attributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty alt attributes.
Our website conforms to W3C standards. Both the XHTML and CSS are fully validated against W3C guidelines.