The Life Science industry in the UK
The UK Life Science industry is a world leading high tech industry that is vital to Britain’s future economy. It is a strong driver of economic growth and provides highly skilled employment.
The pharmaceutical industry is the biggest sector investor in R&D in the UK accounting for 25% of total investment by business, valued at £3.5bn.
But the central business model of pharmaceutical companies is changing. Companies can no longer go it alone relying on blockbuster drugs and high returns, so they need a new model: more virtual, more partnering orientated and more collaborative with all of the stakeholders.
Our specialist Life Sciences team brings together experienced professionals to help you achieve your potential whilst adapting to this new business model.
Our specialists expertise includes:
As specialists in the Biotech industry, we understand the challenges faced by Biotech organisations. To enable them to focus on the technology and route to market, we offer an expert support service covering:
- Fundraising (grant, equity or loans)
- Outsourced accountancy, bookkeeping and payroll services
- Growth and exit planning
- Business and cash flow forecasting
- Tax and VAT planning and compliance
- Research and development tax credits
- Patent Box tax reliefs
- Audit and assurance services
- Employee share schemes
Pharmaceutical companies face great changes to the industry with patent expiry, new products and services, evolving regulations and process enhancements. We understand the need to advise on a wide range of issues that affect the industry, including:
- Return audits: MHRA
- International: cross border compliance
- Trade financing: import loans, letters of credit and trading credit
- Product liability: regulatory non-compliance
- Joint venture and alliance: advice on avoiding and resolving disputes
- VAT registration and general advisory: compliance and administration
From venture capital funding to product launches and global expansions, we are able to assist medical technology organisations navigate through their business cycle.
Meet our life sciences team
Our purpose, our passion
To guide our clients, colleagues and communities to a brighter future.
In a continually evolving world we help all generations embrace change through trusted advice, support and guidance. Our passion for continued improvement ensures that we work to understand your goals, support and advise you on your journey and help you to realise your ambitions.