Many thanks again Catalina, for all your help and expert advice – we could not have done this all without you. Adrian K
Would you like expert help to protect your wealth and secure your family’s financial future?
We work together with individuals, their families and their professional advisors to help understand their requirements and to give bespoke tax planning advice to help achieve their goals, aims and objectives.
Trusts, estate planning and dealing with a deceased’s affairs are key areas for our clients and a central part of our tax offering. The increasingly complex tax regimes for trusts, the financial implications of estate planning and the complexities of dealing with a deceased’s estate administration and probate demand specialist expertise.
We have invested in developing that expertise to ensure that clients benefit from the best possible advice in this critical area to give peace of mind to the family and Executors. Being specialists in this area enables us to deal efficiently and sympathetically with a deceased’s estate.
Knowing Trusts and Estates – our services
Bespoke Estate and Inheritance Tax Planning
- Working with families to understand their inheritance tax exposure and to help pass wealth on tax efficiently whilst ensuring they maintain some control
- Will planning and review of existing Wills and Powers of Attorney ensuring that these meet clients aims
- Tax efficient use of all allowances, exemptions and reliefs e.g. APR, BPR, spouse exemption, transferable Inheritance tax nil rate band, regular gifts out of income etc.
- Working closely with our in-house Financial Planning team to offer a full wealth management service and to assist with the planning
- Tax efficient trust formation and planning
- Acting as a Trustee, including through our Trustee Company if preferred
- Trust administration including preparation of accounts, self assessment tax and inheritance tax returns and dealing with Trust Registration Service (TRS), Common reporting Standard (CRS) and other regulations
- Court of Protection deputyships and small family charitable trusts
- Providing share valuation services for assets going into and leaving trusts
Deceased estates and Probate
- Assisting the Executors and meeting them to discuss the estate, probate and administration
- Providing share valuations for private company shares
- Preparing inheritance tax forms and arranging for tax to be paid by the due date
- Arranging for the grant of probate to be obtained
- Administration of the estate including collecting the assets, settling liabilities and distribution of the estate per the deceased’s will in a tax efficient manner
- Advice on a Deed of Variation where appropriate
- Preparing accounts and tax returns for the executors
- Providing tax advice for the beneficiaries of the estate
With practitioners throughout the firm having full STEP membership, known as TEPs, we have internationally recognised experts in their field, with proven qualifications and experience, available.
To learn more about STEP – a global professional association for practitioners who specialise in family inheritance and succession planning – please click here.
We’re proud that our services have been recognised in a competitive industry and in 2016 we were delighted to be announced winner in the Trusts & Estates Advisory Firm of the Year in England category at the Corporate INTL Magazine 2016 Global Awards.
Want to learn more about how we can help?
Contact us to arrange to speak with one of our specialists in London, Kent and Sussex.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Our complimentary newsletters and event invitations are designed to provide you with regular updates, insight and guidance.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing [email protected] or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found on all our email newsletters and event invitations.