- We work closely with other professionals in the sector, including lawyers, patent attorneys, IP consultants, banks and investors to find the best solutions for our clients.
- We are mentors at established technology hubs and incubators, assisting startups to develop their ideas into thriving, innovative businesses. Historically we have been active contributors in the Cisco British Innovation Gateway BIG Awards.
- We are part of the technology community, whether that’s in London’s Tech City or Discovery Park in Kent and provide workshops and seminars to the sector as well as writing regular articles for sector publications.
- We act for many clients with interests in the technology sector, including software developers, hardware manufacturers, digital media firms, telecoms companies and also those in the pharmaceutical, life sciences and engineering fields who place groundbreaking IP at the heart of what they do.
Our services to the Technology sector include:
- Business consulting on structures, business plans and safeguarding of intellectual property
- Corporation tax tax compliance and planning including the preparation of tax returns, advice on corporation tax and also Transfer Pricing issues for multinational companies
- Advice on the availability of R&D tax credits and the Patent Box tax regime
- Accounts and outsourcing services including management accounting, preparation of forecasts and cash flows, the preparation of year end accounts and payroll and HR services
- VAT and duty advice in relation to selling services and products eg. SAAS and SAAP overseas and also the Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) regulations in relation to selling Broadcasting, Telecoms and E commerce services to customers in the EU
- Advice on the opportunities for obtaining grants and funding from various public and private sector backed bodies in the UK
- Tax advice and financial planning advice to the founders because in this high growth sector it’s important to know when and how to exit your business at the right time and in the most tax efficient manner.
- Audit and assurance
- Intellectual property valuations
UKTN Startup Surgery Accountancy Doctor
Michael O’Brien, Head of the Technology sector for Kreston Reeves, is the Accountancy Doctor for the Startup Surgery of UKTN, the leading resource of news, events and information for technology innovators in the UK.
This role involves us answering accountancy, tax and finance related questions from the technology community and providing our skills and expertise in the sector to help support and mentor companies and assist them in achieving their goals.
How we've supported technology businesses
The team at Kreston Reeves, led by Clive Relf and Jake Standing, have supported us throughout the journey of setting up and starting our new company. Their assistance has been invaluable – not only in establishing our financial systems, budgets and KPIs, and running payroll but also their general strategic advice and support. Without doubt Kreston Reeves have helped us thrive during the critical first few months of the business.
Phil Kennedy, Managing Director, Eschmann Technologies Ltd
We want to keep overheads really low and maximise expenditure on research. Kreston Reeves help us to do that. We’ve got a good relationship. They understand what we are trying to achieve. Moving to Kreston Reeves was one of the best things I have ever done.
Simon Westbrook, Founder, Levicept
Kreston Reeves has been a true partner to Virtuo. Being able to quickly understand our business has meant that Michael and his team have been able to contribute to our business from day one. They helped us to set up in the UK with invaluable support and business advice on VAT, payroll and company pensions that ensured we met all the UK regulations. They are now our virtual finance team in the UK and provide us with ongoing support and advice as we grow our business.
Michael Altom, General Manager for UK & Ireland, Virtuo
A great, friendly, highly professional firm that always puts its clients first.
John Cary, Producer, Silver Fox Animation LLP
Tim Levey of Kreston Reeves provided advice prior to the sale, helping us get the business ready. When we had signed heads of terms, Tim and Hazell Gibson worked tirelessly during the due diligence stage to answer the buyer’s numerous and detailed financial questions.
Roy Hills, Managing Director, NTA Monitor Ltd
Our purpose, our passion
To guide our clients, colleagues and communities to a brighter future.
In a continually evolving world we help all generations embrace change through trusted advice, support and guidance. Our passion for continued improvement ensures that we work to understand your goals, support and advise you on your journey and help you to realise your ambitions.