Kreston Reeves has been a true partner to Virtuo. Being able to quickly understand our business has meant that Michael and his team have been able to contribute to our... More business from day one. They helped us to set up in the UK with invaluable support and business advice on VAT, payroll and company pensions that ensured we met all the UK regulations. They are now our virtual finance team in the UK and provide us with ongoing support and advice as we grow our business. Michael Altom, General Manager for UK & Ireland, Virtuo
Michael O’Brien FCA MAAT
Partner, Accounts, Outsourcing and International
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians
- Member of the CIPP Payroll Assurance Scheme
- Recognised as one of the UKs top accounting talents at “The 35 under 35″ Accountancy Age awards 2012
- Technology, digital and creative business
- Inward investment into the United Kingdom and Europe
- Assisting business start ups
- International operations
- Head of the firm’s North American specialist team
- Hospitality and leisure industry
- Supporting entrepreneurial and high growth business
- Outsourcing of accounting, payroll and financial functions
Michael joined the firm in 1999 and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2005 before being appointed a Partner in October 2008.
Michael is head of Outsourcing at Kreston Reeves and specialises in clients looking to outsource their accounting, payroll and finance functions; many of these companies coming to the UK from overseas who he then assists in growing their businesses and enabling their further development into Europe and beyond.
Michael heads the US inward investment team at the firm; working with US based technology, lifestyle, hospitality and fashion businesses, supporting their UK expansion through the wealth of specialist services that the firm can offer.
Michael also specialises in working with clients in the technology, digital media and creative industries; including owner managed businesses and also large multinational corporations. He is located in the Kreston Reeves London office which is in the heart of capital’s “Tech City”, a hub for the nation’s digital and creative industry. He advises tech start-ups on their financial and business plans and provides ongoing mentoring to these businesses as they grow and develop. Michael was named as one of “The 35 Under 35” top UK accounting talents by ACCOUNTANCY AGE in 2012 which showcases a wide variety of achievements and skills held by the next generation of managing partners, CFOs and entrepreneurs.
Michael is also a regular contributor to UK Tech News, providing advice and insight to businesses in and around the UK Tech and entrepreneurial community.
Michael enjoys running and going to the gym and then ruining all the hard work by a healthy love of dining out.