Kreston Reeves annual charity fundraising tops £10,000
Our people have together raised over £10,000 for local charities for the financial year 2021-22 through a variety of different activities.
The charities to have benefited this year include:
- Breast Cancer Care Kent – improving lives for those diagnosed with breast cancer in Kent.
- Air Ambulance Kent, Surrey, Sussex – providing world-class, fast-response, emergency medical care.
- East Kent Hospitals Charity – raising funds for wards and services provided by East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
- West Sussex Mind – supporting people with their mental health.
- Aldingbourne Trust – supporting people with learning disabilities to reach their potential across Sussex.
- Honeypot – offering respite breaks and outreach support to young carers.
- Ferring Country Centre – providing training and work experience to people with learning disabilities.
- Whoopsadaisy – providing conductive education to children with physical disabilities.
One of the most notable feats of physical and mental endurance was the 24-hour walking challenge in June 2022 which saw two teams – one walking the South Downs Way and the other the North Downs Way – successfully complete the challenge. The teams competed against each other to cover the greatest distance, collectively covering a staggering 204km and raising over £3,000.
James Peach, Partner and Head of Corporate Social Responsibility at Kreston Reeves, comments: “Once again our teams have taken part in a considerable range of activities – including charity bike rides, cake bakes and auctions – to raise money for local charities which support the communities in which we all live and work. We are grateful for their hard work as some of the challenges this year have again been tough. As always everyone has worked together as a team and we are incredibly proud of everyone’s achievement.”
Sam Rouse, Charities and Not-for-profit Partner and Trustee of the Kreston Reeves Foundation at Kreston Reeves, comments: “It’s great to be able to support a number of different charities with our fundraising activities each year. Many charities are facing an increase in demand for their services when household budgets are squeezed and fundraising continues to be challenging. We are pleased as a team to be able to step up and help to make a difference.”
The funds raised have been distributed via the Kreston Reeves Foundation, (registered charity no. 1180402).
If you would like to know more about our charitable activities and the Kreston Reeves Foundation, please contact us.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Our complimentary newsletters and event invitations are designed to provide you with regular updates, insight and guidance.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing [email protected] or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found on all our email newsletters and event invitations.