Our charity walk returns
Two teams from our firm will once again be attempting a walking challenge on 24th to 25th June in Kent and Sussex to raise money for local charities.
Following the success of last year’s event, the teams will walk either the South Downs Way or the North Downs Way, aiming to walk as far as possible in 24 hours. The teams will be competing against each other to cover the furthest distance and currently both teams are estimated to complete around 100km each.
Sarah Ediss, comments: “Last year’s walk was challenging and exciting and this year, we have made it even harder. The route is full of adventure and challenges with varying levels of difficulty especially at night. The walk also requires a significant amount of training and preparation and both our teams are working hard to make sure they are fit and ready. At the end of the day, we are only competing against ourselves, the real winners will be the charities we are supporting across Kent and Sussex.”
The charities benefiting this year are:
- East Kent Hospitals Charity– raising funds for wards and services provided by East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
- Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex – providing world-class, fast-response, emergency medical care
- Breast Cancer Care Kent – improving lives for those diagnosed with breast cancer in Kent
- Honeypot – offering respite breaks and outreach support to young carers
- West Sussex Mind – supporting people with their mental health
- Ferring Country Centre – providing training and work experience to people with learning disabilities
- Aldingbourne Trust – supporting people with learning disabilities to reach their potential across Sussex
- Whoopsadaisy – providing conductive education to children with physical disabilities
More details can be found here.
Related news and insights
Subscribe to our newsletters
Our complimentary newsletters and event invitations are designed to provide you with regular updates, insight and guidance.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing [email protected] or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found on all our email newsletters and event invitations.