Director of Accounts & Business Advisory
- Owner managed businesses
- Corporate finance
- Professional practices
- Property and construction
- Advising owner managed businesses with regard to all aspects of management, taxation and financial planning, including exit strategies and business disposals
- Corporate finance transactions, supporting business sellers from an initial enquiry through to the ultimate sale of share capital
- Working closely with property and construction clients, particularly with regard to accounting and taxation issues surrounding property developments
- Particular emphasis on tax and strategic planning and business structures
Des joined Kreston Reeves in 1989 and during his career has progressed through the ranks to the role of Director working primarily with owner managed businesses. Des has a wide range of experience working with his clients, assisting them with their accounting and business tax compliance requirements as well as remuneration and other planning strategies in order to maximise wealth. Des has also had the opportunity to work within a corporate environment, spending time housed within the finance team of a large multi national listed company, enabling him to experience the accounting world from the other side of the fence. Over the last few years Des has become involved in various corporate transactions, both leading and supporting on business sales working closely with the business owners and their legal advisers.
Outside of work Des enjoys cycling and weight training, walks in the countryside with his wife and dog, and travelling abroad.
Articles by Des