We understand the issues facing clients in the Social Housing sector. Our specialist team works with registered providers to provide proactive advice in this highly regulated sector.
We are a proactive firm of accountants and auditors with many years’ experience of advising Registered Providers of Social Housing.
Our long-term commitment to the not for profit sector, including Social Housing, enables us to provide specialist publications to help keep you up to date with everything from SORP updates to VAT issues and developments.
In addition to annual compliance services, we have previously assisted our clients in the sector with the transition process to the SORP 2014, provided training sessions covering value for money reporting, provided advice on asset and liability registers and stress testing. We have also been working recently with our clients on the key Value for Money metrics both in terms of the disclosure requirements, but also practically in terms of data management and reporting, understanding the metrics and how they are relevant to our clients.
The specialist Social Housing services we offer include:
- Preparing the Registered Provider’s accounts to ensure that they comply with best practice (Housing SORP 2014 and 2018 Update)
- Auditing the Registered Provider’s accounts and providing added value
- Advising on how to best keep accounting records and develop financial policies
- Advising on governance and best practice
- Advising on mergers, joint ventures and partnering structures
- Advising on tax efficient trading and development
- Strategic planning
- VAT advice
- Internal audit services
- Service charges – preparing service charge accounts
We are committed to the sector, recognising the important part it plays in today’s society and we are here to help support and develop it.
Related news and insights
Subscribe to our newsletters
Our complimentary newsletters and event invitations are designed to provide you with regular updates, insight and guidance.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found on all our email newsletters and event invitations.