We’ve raised over £11,500 for local charities
Over the last financial year, our teams have collectively raised over £11,500 for charities in their local areas by taking part in a wide variety of activities and putting in a huge effort.
The individual charities that will benefit are:
- Canterbury Foodbank – providing care for local people in crisis through emergency food parcels, items, and services.
- My Shining Star – helping families through the financial and emotional hardships of cancer.
- Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex – providing emergency medical services through the provision of a helicopter air ambulance.
- Honeypot – working to enhance the lives of young carers aged 5-12 by providing respite breaks and on-going outreach support.
- Sussex Nightstop – helping people in desperate times by providing safe spaces and connecting them to local housing advisors, whilst providing a hot meal and homely comforts.
- Aldingbourne Trust – provides opportunities for adults with learning disabilities or autism to live meaningful and fulfilled lives to positively contribute to their communities.
- West Sussex Mind – supporting people with their mental health and providing specialist training and campaign to improve services to promote understanding.
Employees from across the firm have taken part in a range of activities, from raffles and bake sales to running marathons and hamper giveaways, all to raise money contributing to the local communities where their offices and teams are based. One of the largest events, the annual ‘KR Big Quiz’, saw over 100 staff members team up and compete for the title of the ‘KR Big Quiz’ winners! This quiz alone raised over £670 for the Kreston Reeves Foundation – a registered charity, run by employees for the firm’s nominated charities.
Another significant fundraising event was the Medway Sunlight Rotary Club’s Annual Dragon Boat, which this year their team, ‘The Oar-ditors’, raise over £1,700 for its Chatham office charity. Staff throughout the firm have also donated to food banks to help make a difference to those struggling in the current financial climate, as well as completed beach cleans in their local areas.
Sam Rouse, our Charities and Not-for-profit Partner and Trustee of the Kreston Reeves Foundation, commented: ‘It’s great to be able to support a number of different charities with our fundraising activities each year. Many charities are facing an increase in demand for their services when household budgets are squeezed, and circumstances are tough. We’re so proud to contribute to so many good causes as a firm and continue to support the communities local to our offices’.
You can read more about our charity work, future aims and more in its ESG impact reports.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Our complimentary newsletters and event invitations are designed to provide you with regular updates, insight and guidance.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing [email protected] or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found on all our email newsletters and event invitations.