Clive Relf FCA
Private Client Tax Partner
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Tax Planning for private clients including inheritance tax
- Business opportunities in S E Asia
- Inheritance tax mitigation and capital gains tax planning
- International tax advice and planning for individuals and companies
- Tax mitigation for owner managed business
- Personal tax planning
- Providing strategic consulting to professional partnerships
- Tax lecturing to both business and personal tax audiences
- Strategic planning for SMEs
- Personal tax planning
- Inward investment advice for those establishing operations in the UK
- Marketing and business development responsibilities
Clive joined Kreston Reeves from college having achieved Distinction level passes in his Accountancy studies. Having qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1980 Clive attained Partnership at age 28 and became a Fellow in 1990.
He currently looks after a mixed portfolio of high net worth individuals and owner managed businesses with a particular bias towards professional practices and construction companies. He also has a growing portfolio of clients with international interests and advises regularly on establishing operations within the UK.
Part of Kreston Reeves’ Leadership Team for over 20 years Clive now applies the skills learnt for the benefit of a number of not-for-profit organisations in pro bono roles. He retains responsibility for business development within the firm, a role which sees him lecture externally on a regular basis. With a reputation for giving entertaining and thought provoking presentations, Clive is frequently called upon to speak on technical and related issues to groups of all sizes and from all backgrounds.
Clive has particular responsibility for the firm’s clients within South East Asia through the firm’s international accounting network, Kreston International, and has advised businesses in India, China, Singapore, Korea and Australia.
Clive’s external activities include:
- Trustee of Marlowe Theatre Trust
- Chairman of Canterbury Connected Business Improvement District
- Board member of Canterbury4Business
Clive golfs (at a social level) and is a former Captain of Chestfield Golf Club. He’s a keen supporter of his local community, enjoys watching Kent Cricket and is excited by travel.