Jo White FCA CTA
Director Tax Advisory
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Inheritance tax planning including the effective use of trusts to help ensure a families wealth can be maintained for future generations
- Research and development reliefs
- Employment tax planning including reviews of existing employee remuneration packages and helping structure employee rewards in a tax efficient manner
- Capital gains tax planning
Jo White works in our tax consultancy service in Horsham, where she grew up and went to college. Realising her interest in numbers, Jo decided to embark on a career in accountancy and split studying for her accountancy qualifications between Worthing and London, whilst also working full time. Qualifying as both a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor by the age of 23 years old, Jo has the rare combination of youth and experience on her side.
Having started her training at Kreston Reeves (formerly Spofforths), Jo chose to come back to the firm after qualifying due to its good reputation as an employer, the size of the business and the good variety of clients the firm has. Jo enjoys being able to combine working with numbers and interacting with people and takes pleasure in seeing that her advice actually helps people. In October 2019, Jo was promoted to Director of Tax Advisory.
Jo provides tax planning advice and support to a wide range of clients including individuals, businesses and trusts. She also heads up the firm’s Stamp Duty Land Tax service.
As well as advising clients, Jo regularly presents on tax matters specifically, but not restricted to, landlords and other property owners. She is the editor of the firm’s Pathfinder tax and wealth newsletter and regularly writes for a number of external publications.
Outside of work Jo is a keen runner having completed several half marathons and other distance races. She has also participated in a triathlon developing her love of different types of sport. Jo enjoys going to the cinema and theatre as well as travelling. She also enjoys arts and crafts in her spare time.