Stamp duty land tax (SDLT) is becoming an ever more complex area of taxation.
Purchasing residential property, in particular, can mean two purchasers will pay two completely different liabilities based on who the purchaser is, the ownership of other residential properties and its intended use.
There are a number of reliefs (just for residential property acquisitions) available to both individuals and corporate purchasers, some of which can be very generous but most of which have to be claimed. A specialist will help you to maximise the claimed relief.
In certain circumstances those reliefs can be withdrawn, an ongoing review of your circumstances is therefore essential.
- Private individuals
- Property developers
- Other parties interested in acquiring property
Our Stamp Duty Land Tax experts advise on a wide variety of situations including:
- Residential and non-residential transactions
- Availability of reliefs
- Linked transactions and connected party transactions
- Contingent, deferred consideration and overage
- Group transactions
- Corporate reorganisations and reorganisations
- High-value dwellings purchased through corporate structures
- Non-monetary consideration
Subscribe to our newsletters
Our complimentary newsletters and event invitations are designed to provide you with regular updates, insight and guidance.
You can unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link found on all our email newsletters and event invitations.