Paris Drew LL.B (Hons)
Private Client Assistant Solicitor
- Law Degree
- Legal Practice Course
- Creating or winding down trusts
- The administration and finalisation of an estate, including putting legal safeguards in place for personal representatives, making distributions to beneficiaries, settling liabilities, and preparing estate accounts
- Inheritance tax and estate planning
- Trust distributions and trustee appointments
- Advising on post death variations (Deeds of Variation)
- Lasting Powers of Attorney for individuals and business clients
- Applying for a Grant of Representation (probate), including obtaining asset valuations, completing the inheritance tax return, and assessing the estate for eligible tax exemptions and reliefs (for example, BPR and APR)
Paris can support and advise you on many aspects of private client work, whether you are an executor needing guidance or an individual looking to make their first Will.
Paris has been practising as a solicitor since March 2017 but her legal training started back in 2014 when she was employed as a commercial paralegal with a regional firm of solicitors. As a trainee solicitor she was immediately drawn to private client work; she loves the client contact, the regularly changing legal landscape, and seeing our solutions have a real impact on the everyday lives of our clients.
In her spare time she can be found out in the countryside with her golden retriever, Gus, and putting her DIY skills to the test renovating their old Victorian terrace. Whenever she gets the chance to travel her destinations of choice are the Scandinavian countries; her trips are usually packed with challenging hikes and trying not to roll a kayak!