- Corporate audit and accounts
- Charities and other regulated not for profit organisations
- IFRS – International Financial Reporting Standards
- Business advisory & support
- UK subsidiaries of international groups
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Assisting a variety of entities with their business development and growth
- Regulated audits including Charities, Registered Social Housing Providers, Trade Unions, Credit Unions and Pension Schemes
- AIM listed companies and reporting issues around International Financial Reporting Standards
- International audit and advisory including consolidated corporate groups
- Corporation tax planning and compliance
- Business start ups and consultancy
James joined Kreston Reeves in December 2013 as a Corporate Partner. James originally trained with a Gatwick firm before joining Creaseys in Tunbridge Wells for a spell of three years to develop and broaden his experience. He subsequently moved back to his original but now enlarged Gatwick firm, CLB Gatwick which then became part of the national firm Haines Watts. He remained a manager with a large portfolio of owner managed businesses together with publicly quoted companies until 2009 by which time he was made Partner.
James is an experienced auditor, accountant and tax strategist who is able to tailor his skills and services to help develop the business and activities of the clients he acts for. He has considerable experience of regulated audits including Charities, Pension Schemes and other not for profit organisations including Trade Unions, Registered Social Housing Providers and Credit Unions.
James also currently acts for AIM listed clients and in order to keep up to date with the latest International Financial Reporting requirements he is a member of the ICAEW Financial Reporting Faculty.
In addition to the above, James also acts for group companies together with a number of entrepreneurial and owner managed businesses.
James is enthusiastic in all work that he undertakes and takes great pride in experiencing the success that his clients have achieved in the years gone by.
James has a busy life outside of the office with his young family and his role as Governor at his childrens’ School. He has a close affinity with the local area and is involved with a number of local business groups.
James is also a keen sportsman with a particular liking for golf (on a good day). He also has a passion for music although his musical taste has been questioned by many in the past.